Technology Quality Assurance Manager
Up to £40,000 depending on experience, plus annual bonus, plus equity
You’ll be responsible for the QA approach at Yoello supporting our full suite of products and propositions. You’ll define our test strategies, test plans and other test documentation, working collaboratively with other teams across our business.
You will build, lead and develop our QA capability focussing on leadership, coordination and management oversight. As with all leadership roles at Yoello we’ll need you to be hands on when needed, demonstrating through your actions how to get things done.
- Shrewd assessor of risks
- Analytical and methodical
- Great planning and organisation skills
- A great communicator and team player
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Wise in your judgement and decision making
- A motivator and counsellor who cares about the team
We’re looking for a QA leader (or potential leader) that understands what a good QA strategy looks like and is able to build the capability from the ground up. You will have experience of managing other QA’s with the ability to deploy both automated and manual QA practices into a rounded QA process that’s fit for a fast paced digital technology environment.
- Work with our teams across product, delivery and tech to create and implement appropriate testing strategies.
- Develop an end-to-end view on testing providing a holistic and comprehensive QA capability.
- Assess and implement appropriate tools, methodologies and training where appropriate to ensure test strategies are embedded across our business.
- Promote the development of QA standards, tools and techniques (including test preparation)
- Advocate automated testing tools techniques including to support regression testing across all product platforms
- Work closely with product and engineering to ensure there is a joined-up view across requirements through to implementation and testing / assurance.
- Work collaboratively and report to the Director of Operations in relation to the planning and execution of QA work and the coordination of releases, providing final QA approval prior to live release.
- Embed a culture of agile working, continuous improvement and problem solving encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability
- Involve QA in all sprint ceremonies ensuring they actively contribute to planning, delivery and continuous improvement
- Demonstrable experience in a senior QA or technical testing role
- A growth mind-set in relation to risk and innovation, with the capacity and ability to try new and innovative ways to manage processes and procedures;
- Experience effectively working with multi-disciplinary teams and local, remote and near/off shore teams
- Broad experience across different software development methodologies including Agile (Scrum, Kanban etc) methodologies and exposure to dev ops culture