Senior Backend Software Engineer
Yoello is fast-growth fintech providing mobile Order & Pay technology connecting merchants and customers in the physical world and revolutionising the way payments are made.
Following a UK launch in 2020, Yoello has already expanded into North America, Australia and New Zealand and continues to grow rapidly with new markets and new products. Yoello is one of the most exciting, multi-award winning startups in the UK and we’d love you to join our fast-growing team to help continue our journey.
Roles and responsibilities
What you’ll do as a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Yoello
- Use test-driven development to write well-tested code that improves our codebase in meaningful ways
- Work alongside Product Management and key stakeholders inside of Engineering to maintain strong levels of visibility and communication within the design and development cycle
- Advocate for improvements to product security, performance, and quality
- Help in building out a still greenfield codebase whilst applying your own personal stamp
- Work well as both an individual and as part of a team with minimum guidance from others
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment
- Mentor other team members through knowledge sharing and code reviews
Experience and skills that we are looking for in you:
- Significant experience in Python and its tooling (poetry, pytest etc)
- Good understanding of AWS and it’s services, with an emphasis on Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudFront, RDS, and Dynamo
- Experience in the technologies that we use every day: (Python, Sqlalchemy, alembic and PostgreSQL), Docker, and Gitlab’s CI/CD tooling.
- A strong background in API design and development, (with a focus on serverless as a bonus)
- Excellent communication skills
Experience with the following would be beneficial:
- Experience in working with large scale or high throughput postgres databases.
- Deployment technologies such as the Serverless Framework, and/or AWS SAM
- Experience with building out integratable first systems
- Experience in other tech start-ups and scaleups
- Developer platform/tooling design and development experience
- The ability to recognize impediments ("technical debt") to our efficiency as a team, propose and implement solutions
- Experience in working with remote teams
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org