Yoello is a fast-growth fintech providing mobile Order & Pay technology connecting merchants and customers in the physical world and revolutionising the way payments are made.
Following a UK launch in 2020, Yoello has already expanded into North America, Australia and New Zealand and continues to grow rapidly with new markets and new products. Yoello is one of the most exciting, multi-award winning startups in the UK and we’d love you to join our fast-growing team to help continue our journey.
Our team culture is important to us and we have regular team socials, activities and initiatives, from Friday drinks to charity projects to laser tag days out! Come be part of a team that makes it happen.
A creative and ambitious intern to join Yoello’s marketing team on either a summer-long or full-year paid internship.
Sound like you? You’d work on Yoello's own creative campaigns — thinking up ideas and helping us make a splash on socials, web, with the press and more. You’d work with the marketing team to bring strategic thinking into their projects, ensuring everything we produce and distribute is marketed perfectly to our target audience of hospitality business owners.
In return you would get the chance to work within a small but experienced start-up marketing team, working on live projects for the business while being nurtured by experienced mentors and exposed to dynamic start-up marketing life. By the end of the placement you’ll have grown your marketing skills and truly experienced what a career in the industry might look like.
Desired skills (all skills welcome at foundation level):
● Copywriting skills — comfortable writing articles, copy for social channels and web content
● Social media creative content planning — avid user of social media channels, has a great understanding of what content users love to see and react to, has plenty of content ideas they're itching to put into reality
● Strong desk researching skills / ability to navigate and analyse detailed information - able to take a new topic, research it thoroughly, have a solid understanding of the key elements, and be able to write about it shortly after
● Natural news interest — someone who enjoys staying plugged into news & pop culture
● Admin & organisation skills — someone who can take responsibility for their own tasks and manage time effectively
● Any content creation skills (basic graphic design, video editing etc) desirable but by no means essential
● Any production planning skills, e.g. experience planning out even the smallest-scale video productions, thinking about planning storyboards etc, would be brilliant but is by no means essential
● Experience working in hospitality at any level would also add great insight to our hospitality-focused business but again, this is not essential!
What you’ll do:
● Take part in brainstorming sessions, offering analytical insights to develop and plan creative marketing campaigns that increase brand awareness.
● Develops engaging, creative, innovative PR & social content for regularly scheduled posts and press releases, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages
● Reaching out to journalists to share stories about Yoello in a bid to get coverage
● Perform market research, analysis, and testing using a variety of tools to gain insights and shape marketing strategy.
● Collaborate with team members to optimise marketing automation and lead-nurturing processes through email, content, events, and social channels
● Create, maintain, and distribute monthly marketing reports showing achievement of critical metrics
● Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of our brand, proposition and product so you are able to effectively market, promote and represent us to prospective customers.
● Assist team in development and execution of marketing campaigns spanning content creation, events, advertising, social media, partner campaigns and sales enablement.
Time of work: 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Length of placement: we will accept applications for summer-long placements (min. 2 months) and year-long placements / year-in-industry length placements
Place of work: Hybrid working between Yoello’s Cardiff City Centre office and home
What you’ll get:
As well as the opportunity to be part of one of the best startups in the UK you’ll get:
● Salary based on Minimum Wage
● 25 days holiday + a day off for your birthday
● An environment where you can learn and grow
● A high-quality office environment with the things you’d expect working at a FinTech start-up (free hot and cold drinks, beer fridge, regular socials etc...)
To apply for this role, please send us an email outlining your skills and experience and why you'd like to work for us to email@example.com