Yoello is a fast-growth fintech providing mobile Order & Pay technology connecting merchants and customers in the physical world and revolutionising the way payments are made.
Following a UK launch in 2020, Yoello has already expanded into North America, Australia and New Zealand and continues to grow rapidly with new markets and new products. Yoello is one of the most exciting, multi-award winning startups in the UK and we’d love you to join our fast-growing team to help continue our journey.
Our team culture is important to us and we have regular team socials, activities and initiatives, from Friday drinks to charity projects to laser tag days out! Come be part of a team that makes it happen.
An out-and-out creator intern to join Yoello’s marketing team on either a summer-long or full-year paid internship.
Sound like you? You’d be the production fuel behind Yoello's own creative campaigns — working alongside our marketing team and designers to shoot and produce photo, video and design online content that helps Yoello make a splash on socials, web, with the press and more.
Yoello will provide the camera equipment and edit software you need to be able to create, create and create some more. Throughout the course of your placement you’d spend time both out on shoots and back in the office editing and planning the next creation.
The placement would see you work within a small but experienced start-up marketing team, working on live projects for the business and putting your stamp on things. You’ll be nurtured by experienced mentors who've worked across many aspects of marketing and exposed to dynamic start-up marketing life. By the end of the placement the intern will have grown their portfolio massively and truly experienced what a career in the industry might look like.
Desired skills (all skills welcome at foundation level - and we appreciate some areas may be stronger than others, that’s absolutely fine):
● Content creation skills (basic graphic design, photo and video production and editing, etc)
● Any production planning skills, e.g. experience planning out small-scale video productions, thinking about planning storyboards etc
● Social media creative content planning — avid user of social media channels, has a great understanding of what content users love to see and react to, has plenty of content ideas they're itching to put into reality
● Admin & organisation skills — someone who can take responsibility for their own tasks and manage time effectively
● Experience working in hospitality at any level would also add great insight to our hospitality-focused business but is not essential
What you’ll do:
● Take part in brainstorming sessions, offering creative ideas and thoughts on how they could be executed
● Shoot and edit photo and video content for Yoello’s socials, web & press coverage
● Ideate, shoot and edit social video in-platform (e.g. Instagram Reels, TikTok video)
● Design simple graphics for Yoello’s socials, web & PR campaigns
● Plan out shoots in advance - thinking about storyboards, moodboards, and edit styles
● Keep abreast of social and online media trends and best practices and bring this thinking to your ideas for best results
● Source and edit imagery from stock/online sources
● Develop a good understanding of the Yoello brand, proposition and product so you can confidently ideate and generate content that is perfect for our target audience of hospitality business owners
Time of work: 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Length of placement: we will accept applications for summer-long placements (min. 2 months) and year-long placements / year-in-industry length placements
Place of work: Hybrid working between Yoello’s Cardiff City Centre office and home
What you’ll get:
As well as the opportunity to be part of one of the best startups in the UK you’ll get:
● Salary based on Minimum Wage
● 25 days holiday + a day off for your birthday
● An environment where you can learn and grow
● A high-quality office environment with the things you’d expect working at a FinTech start-up (free hot and cold drinks, beer fridge, regular socials etc...)
To apply for this role, please send us an email outlining your skills and experience and why you'd like to work for us to email@example.com